Like CBD oil, you’ll find an abundance of CBD creams available for sale online. These products are often marketed as creams, lotions, salves, balms, topicals, or ointments. They’ll have various CBD potency levels, ingredients, textures, and fragrances. So, how can you decide what’s best for you?
In this article, we’ll cover some of the best brands on the market today. And we’ll include details about why they beat out their competition. We came up with these seven items based on customer feedback and reviews, quality of the hemp and types of ingredients used in the products.
First, let’s talk about CBD for a second. CBD, or Cannabidiol, is the main cannabinoid found in the hemp plant.
From science, and personal testimonials, we’ve learned that CBD can have therapeutic benefits. So, people might use CBD cream to get therapeutic relief from an injury, joint pain, muscle soreness, or dry skin.* These are only a few examples, and everyone has their own reason or purpose for seeking out CBD topicals.
One thing is for certain - our skin is the body’s largest organ. That means what we put on it, matters. Using a high-quality, premium CBD cream is one way to show your skin some love. Any of the following CBD creams could be the right product for you!
Although Earlybird doesn't currently carry all of these products, our research shows however, the seven CBD creams discussed here are some of the most popular and high-quality options available today. We are proud to carry the first item on our list, the CBDistillery CBDol Salve, which you can find here.
CBDistillery CBDol Topical CBD Salve 500mg
CBDistillery’s CBDol Topical CBD Salve is packed with 500mg of CBD inside a one-ounce container. The salve consists of numerous natural ingredients that offer an aromatic and pleasing smell. Some of the ingredients include healthy seed oils like olive oil and coconut oil.
Plus, the salve contains many essential oils, herbs, and minerals. There’s lavender, peppermint, frankincense, eucalyptus, basil, green tea, tea tree, cinnamon, aloe, magnesium and more.
These ingredients work together to bring about a stronger, more desirable effect. For instance, frankincense is an essential oil that’s often used in the practice of aromatherapy. Yet, science shows that it can also help combat stress and boost immunity. And then there is tea tree oil. When applied topically, this oil can exhibit antibacterial properties.
All the ingredients in the CBDol Topical CBD Salve were carefully selected to produce a CBD cream that’s a cut above the rest.
- The salve includes premium quality ingredients such as cold-pressed hemp seed oil, herbs, essential oils, and minerals.
- Hemp seed oil that’s used in the salve is sourced from non-GMO, pesticide-free, industrial hemp grown in the United States.
- The salve offers great coverage, so a little bit goes a long way.
MedTerra CBD Rapid Cooling Cream 250mg
MedTerra offers a variety of CBD products, including its CBD Rapid Cooling Cream. This CBD cream is made in the USA and incorporates a blend of certified organic ingredients along with hemp-derived CBD isolate.
A few examples of these organic ingredients include arnica, rosemary leaf extract, lemon peel oil, and ginger root oil. When MedTerra crafted this cream, they made sure the texture was non-greasy. Instead, the CBD cream is smooth, cooling, and has a floral fragrance.
- Non-GMO and contains 0% THC.
- Hemp plants used for the creation of the CBD creams hemp oil grows on Kentucky farms.
- MedTerra’s farms adhere to regulations under the Kentucky Agricultural Department Hemp Pilot Program. This program enforces strict growing and cultivating standards.
Charlotte’s Web Hemp Infused Cream 750mg
Charlotte’s Web Hemp Infused Cream originates from a family farm in Colorado that’s run by the Stanley brothers. They created Charlotte’s Web, a highly concentrated CBD strain, and use it in several of their CBD products. When buying this CBD cream, you have the option to select an unscented or scented cream. So, for those people with skin sensitivities, the unscented option might be a good fit.
The product contains ingredients that can help hydrate and replenish your skin*, such as aloe and shea butter.
- Non-GMO, sustainably grown hemp without the use of pesticides.
- Ingredients include coconut oil, shea butter, and aloe, which can leave skin feeling moisturized and cool.
- Effects can last anywhere from four to six hours.*
- There is 750mg of hemp extract inside a 2.5-ounce tube.
Ananda Hemp’s Spectrum Salve CBD Oil Topical Cream 125mg
This CBD cream made by Ananda Hemp contains 125mg of CBD extract derived from Kentucky grown hemp. The hemp plants used in the production of Ananda’s products are grown by 8th generation farmers. A mix of organic ingredients, essential oils, herbs, and spices get carefully blended together to make this topical cream.
- 100% plant-based ingredients and 125mg of active cannabinoids.
- Hemp extract gets tested at least three times to ensure the product is potent, high in quality, and free of contaminants.
- Some of the ingredients are; wintergreen, eucalyptus, and lavender essential oils and cocoa butter, organic cayenne, arnica oil, and white willow bark extract.
PureKana Topical Ointment 600mg
PureKana Topical Ointment packs 600mg of CBD inside a 3.4-ounce bottle. This company makes their ointment with CBD oil that gets extracts from hemp plants grown on Kentucky farms. This product is also infused with aloe, arnica extract, and menthol.
Aloe is a plant with properties that can help moisturize your skin. And arnica is a plant revered for its ability to help reduce muscle pain and stiffness.* Finally, menthol provides a cooling sensation when you apply the ointment to your skin.
- The texture of this ointment is smooth and doesn’t leave an oily residue.
- Absorbs easily, helping to hydrate and soften your skin.
- Non-GMO hemp and less than 0.2% THC.
- Can apply ointment to sore joints, tight muscles, and dry skin.
PlusCBD Oil Hemp Balm 50mg
This product by PlusCBD Oil has 50mg of CBD and CBDA (a type of cannabinoid). The hemp balm has a thick consistency compared to many other CBD creams. Ingredients include a balanced blend of plant extracts and essential oils like ginseng, peppermint oil, ginger root, and beeswax. This balm can be applied topically to your body as needed and can re-moisturize your skin after a bath or shower.
- The company, PlusCBD Oil, is part of the entire CBD cream making process, from seed to shelf.
- Due to its thick texture, the balm can help protect your skin against severe dryness.*
- This hemp balm has no toxins, parabens, fragrances, or artificial dyes.
- The product is certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority.
Green Roads Muscle and Joint Relief Cream 300mg
Green Roads Muscle and Joint Relief Cream was created by an expert team of pharmacists. Together, they formulated a CBD topical product with 300mg of hemp-derived CBD extract other natural ingredients such as menthol, lavender, and chamomile. The cream has a soft and light feel, and a single pump can cover a small to medium-sized area.
- The Green Roads CBD cream is formulated by pharmacists and lab tested for quality and safety.
- Hemp gets extracted from the plant using the CO2 extraction process, helping to create a pure, clean, and high-quality product.
- This product emits a pleasant smell with calming properties due to the lavender oil and chamomile-extract.*
- The CBD cream is paraben-free and not tested on animals.
CBD creams and topicals are often applied to back and neck muscles, or knee and hand joints. Yet, most CBD creams, including the ones discussed above, can go where they're most needed, with one exception. Never apply CBD cream to open cuts or wounds.
Before you buy a CBD cream online, perform some of your own research. If you want to further investigate the creams we discussed above or research a brand new product, here are some useful tips. Two of the most important characteristics to look for in a CBD cream are potency and quality.
You can gauge the potency by looking at the number of milligrams of CBD shown on the product label.
To assess the quality of a product you’re interested in, keep these points in mind. Verify the hemp plants were grown in the USA and look for independent third-party lab reports. Also, review the listed ingredients on the packaging.
Finally, read about the company’s farming practices, such as how they grow, cultivate, and manufacture their hemp. Once you feel satisfied with your research, you’re all set to buy yourself some CBD cream!
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our Blog and/or our YouTube Channel to get the latest CBD News & Resources delivered to your inbox. Or contact us if you have any questions about the products we discussed or CBD creams in general.
*Please note that these statements are not intended to treat, cure, prevent, or diagnose symptoms or diseases of any kind.